Re: User customization using a style sheet switcher and server side scripts.

From: Paul Davis <paul@ten-20.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:32:29 -0000
To: <tina@greytower.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

In my days in the sales business, we used to have the K.I.S.S. principle.

Who wants to change browser settings every 5 mins, and if you design for the
lowest common denominator, who knows how to? and why should people have/want
to alter prefrences, just to see your site????? Cyberspace is a very lonely
place at times, why put off visitors by forcing them to alter their computer
settings to see your site?

Butts, aligators and swamps tend to lose original objectives. You may be
working on state of the art hardware, but according to site stats I was
looking at last week I still have visitors using win95 and I.E.4/netscape 3.

There is a danger of falling in love with the technicalities.

smiles
Paul Davis