Re: Help for braille.css and aural.css

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:43:36 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Now I need help to find examples of braille and aural CSS applied to xhtml

Aural media type readers are an academic curiosity, which is why aural
style sheets have been made non-normative in CSS2.1.  There is a current
thread on www-style@w3.org proposing a "reader" media type to reflect
that actual behaviour of the dominant screen readers (which basically
means Freedom Scientific's JAWS).

Those without company budgets use other software, but that is unlikely
to understand style sheets.

Others can comment on this rather more authoratively than I can, but
no-one seem to have pointed out that aural style sheet browsers are
not the norm.