Re: accessible bulletin board required

From: James Craig <work@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:37:21 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: jimallan@tsbvi.edu, Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Anyone care to recommend an 'accessible' bulletin board?
>
> i've started with phpBB the beta, currently alpha is here:
> http://www.peepo.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/

Accessify Forum is running on phpBB and even has a forum topic to
discuss how to make the forum more accessible. Nigel Peck and Ian Lloyd
have made many improvements to that installation already. Their notes
may help you improve your installation.

http://www.accessifyforum.com/forum10/

I think a main problem with accessible forums is that they can't enforce
the users to maintain accessiblility standards. I could easily go to the
Accessify Forum and post a bunch of "click here" links in one post.

Good luck,
James Craig

--
http://www.cookiecrook.com/