Re: is this right?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:49:02 +0100 (BST)
To: Cindy Sue <wingsnfur@msn.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Cindy Sue wrote:

> end tag. If it was me, I'd consider moving to at least XHTML
> transitional

Aaargh!  Transitional is for pre-1998 legacy pages, not for new work
this century!

>	 if for no other reason than that the validator will catch
> those missing closing tags for you..

XHTML will indeed achieve that effect, but is by no means necessary.
If you select "fussy" mode in a validator that supports it[1], it'll
complain about missing end tags in HTML too.

[1] e.g. http://valet.webthing.com/page/ on the Web, or
    http://www.webthing.com/software/validator-lite/ on the desktop
    - or the current Beta of the W3 Validator.

--
Nick Kew