Re: wanted: ecommerce examples

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:53:12 +0200
Cc: "MGV" <tagi11@cox.net>, "Shelley Boden" <shelleyboden@enableuk.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: <gdeering@acslink.net.au>

Amazon has a version of their site that was apparently meant to be more
useful from small portable devices - http://www.amazon.com/access -
which was discussed on this list a while ago.

It doesn't conform to anything as "advanced", as WCAG double-A. Despite
meeting a couple of important priority 3 checkponts it misses some
priority 2's and at least one p1, based on a 3-minute "quick check".
But by stripping the site down to its bare essentials it is a huge
improvement for a number of users.

cheers

Chaals