RE: portals

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 10:22:15 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Just to deviate from the topic slightly, but I've seen HTMLArea
mentioned, so...I've recently added Editize to a few admin
backends (not proper CMS, but very specific small ones like
"news and events admin" type things). It outputs pretty clean
XHTML and works great cross-platform and cross-browser.
www.editize.com
(Of course, being a Java plugin, it will not be accessible...so
I implemented a plain-vanilla textfield for users who can't/won't
use the WYSIWYG plugin (I often use that one rather than the plugin,
as it's just faster to load on a slow connection).

Pat
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk