Re: portals

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:04:57 +0200
Cc: "FOX, Jake" <FOXJ@NORWICH-UNION.CO.UK>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: <gdeering@acslink.net.au>

Hi Geoff,

Ah yes, this is going beyond "content" to create an "application", and
an authoring application at that.

And now that you mention it, there are the "Authoring Tool
Accessibility Guidelines", a W3C recommendation published in early
2000, with an active working group - see http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU - and
they talk about many of the issues you raise, as well as some others.
It is true that doing this right is a bit more complex than just making
a web page.

If you (or anyone) happen to have time to review those guidelines,
evaluate a tool against them or provide some techniques, I presume the
working group would be interested in the feedback (they're a small
group taking on a large and complex task), and I would be myself.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                          Fundaciůn Sidar