Re: italic fonts

From: Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:31:45 +0200
To: "Scarlett Julian (ED)" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hello Julian,

>Is there a case for doing away with <strong> altogether and having <em>
display in bold by default unless specified as different in the css<

I prefer to use only <strong> that also makes text bold in css-less
browers like the small handheld screen   (view/small screen) in Opera 7.
Italic text generated as default by using <em> is terrible to read in
this small css-less screens in my opinion.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat