Re: Blank alt attributes for images - best practise?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:51:20 -0700
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: "Matthew Ogston" <matthewogston@hotmail.com>

No help in answering this question. (And it only has 3 screen readers
and 2 voice browsers in it - although it probably covers half the
english speaking market it covers a small fraction of the screen
readers in active development and use).

To return to the question, Lynx under some settings will substitute the
filename for alt="", but I think the default setting is for it to
interpret alt="" literally and put nothing there.

cheers

Chaals