RE: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

From: <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Mon Sep 29 06:30:31 2003
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> As far as I know most modern browsers have Unicode support which means
> that language packs are not needed to do this.

Yes and no, modern browsers will all understand the codepoints used, but they may not have fonts available that can render them correctly. However there is no need to do anything as drastic as using an image for the text (there's never a need to be THAT drastic), since people without suitable fonts are unlikely to be any the wiser if it was rendered correctly.