RE: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

If I understand the issue correctly, the advantage of using
graphics in this context would be that you could have a visual
representation of the language name using the language's
respective font...otherwise people would need to have all
possible language packs installed to view it correctly.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk