RE: Helping Jaws (et al) pronounce our company name

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 09:50:35 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Maybe splitting hairs here (as often happens with these discussions),
but...why wouldn't pronunciation be a characteristic of how something
is spoken ? How to pronounce something is to ACSS what how to display
something is to CSS, in my view...or am I missing an oh-so-subtle difference ?

And yes, ACSS is not well supported, and the current spec does not
provide any means of defining pronunciation hints and/or lookup lists...
but other suggested solutions aren't workable yet either.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk