Re: Long Re: A question of interpretation

From: <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 05:32:50 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On  9 Sep, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> My opinion in short:

  Thankyou for your comments. When the time is no longer 05:24 in the
  morning I'look them over in more detail.

> based on the questions asked. Naturally I offer no comment on the facts
> of the case in Sweden - all the information I have on that is what Tina
> has sent to the list.

  Naturally. The background information is simply there to illustrate a
  situation in where different consultants and government offices apply
  the WCAG different to the same situation, and the questions and
  politics arising from it.

  Personally I believe the WCAG to be a useful tool. A number of
  websites can be tested against the *same* standard, and some
  conclusions on the overall situation drawn.

  That will be difficult if "WCAG 1.0 3rd Swedish Edition 5.1" and "WCAG
  1.0 version 0.45alpha (UK)" exist. If a local government re-interpret
  the WCAG, I maintain hope that the set of guidelines arrived at are no
  longer the WCAG.

   [+46] 0708 557 905