Re: Watchfire Blocking Too Much - Watchfire Responds

From: Gerard Torenvliet <g_torenvliet@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:31:12 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

All (especially Chaals and Tina):

Thanks for your messages about the problems that Watchfire's spam blocker is
giving you as you post. I have forwarded your messages to our IT department,
and they have changed the settings on our spam blocker so that our server
should no longer give you problems.

Note that I feel your pain. I am no fan of Watchfire's spam blocking system,
because I disagree with any system that offloads my problem (spam) on people
who send me legitimate mail. (That's why you'll notice this message
originates from Hotmail - the reaction that my Watchfire address gets when I
use it for public communication embarrasses me.)

Michael Cooper has earlier made a more extensive apology to the list; I echo
his sentiments.

Best regards,
-Gerard

Gerard Torenvliet <g_torenvliet@hotmail.com>
Lead User Interface Designer, Watchfire

Tel: 613.599.3888 x 4024
1 Hines Rd., Kanata, Ontario, CANADA, K2K 3C7
Watchfire Corporate Site: www.watchfire.com