RE: place-holding characters in edit/text boxes

From: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 15:20:07 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> What worries me about the single space solution is that if an
> edit field is
> not identifyed by a combination of user agent and at, a space will not
> identify it either.  A case to try would be jaws 3.5 with
> netscape 4.7x

Is there any information as to examples of ua/at that exhibit this flawed
behaviour ? Any known cases of problem combinations ? I've asked a few times
before, but the list always seems to go quiet after that...

Worth some testing. Anybody with any older AT care to do the honours ?
(I only have 4.02, and never had a problem with it)

Patrick