Re: Best font family for accessibility? / site check request

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:52:46 -0400
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Unfortunately, the answer to the question "What is the best font for
a visually-impaired person?" is "Whatever that person prefers." Some
people will choose poorly (I've read evidence that people read faster
with a font slightly smaller than the size they consider optimal),
but in general people know their own needs better than designers do.
That's why we've got user stylesheets and font selectors in browsers.

Cf., inter alia,
<http://joeclark.org/design/print/readingthetube.html>. The issues
are similar.

--