Re: user stats

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:56:51 +0930
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

B.K. DeLong wrote:
> I have used the same approach James mentioned above almost to a T. If
> you add up the number of people who use the Web that have a disability
> and include those with older browsers or "substandard" equipment, slow
> Network connectivity and those with JavaScript turned off as well as
> people utilizing the Web via hand-held devices and various Web-enabled
> appliances, the number increases substantially. This not only focused on
> backward-compatibility but future usability as well and really makes
> people think about what they're doing from the start rather than an
> afterthought.

...which would tend to imply that you are thinking the right way, since
you've just about managed to give a transliteration of the introduction
to the WCAG 1.0, even though it doesn't mention JavaScript by name ;-)
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#Introduction>.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy