Re: user stats

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > Does any one have any stats on the percentage of users that surf with
> > Javascript turned off or know where I can find said info? Same for
> > people not using flash...

That is not the right question for this forum. You should be asking "Does
anyone have any stats on the percentage of users with relevant
disabilities who surf with JavaScript turned off?"

(Here being a single-leg amputee would not be a "relevant" disability,
while blindness, deafness, or a learning disability would be, *depending
on the application to which JS was put*.)

>   Alternatively, you could see my reply to Mr. Clark of this
>   mailing-list and read why such numbers are not really very interesting
>   in terms of accessibility.

Indeed they wouldn't, unless the numbers are relevant.

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_