RE: Hiding email addresses in an accessible way

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:21:38 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> First of all, I think there is a few problems that developers, even those
> who try to make accessible their products, have missed. I you would check
> the figures, there is a very large part of the citizens, disabled or not,
> that do not have high speed internet. Many of these people run
> with no java
> and no graphics. Reason, low band width.

I had hoped that the increase in mobile computing and embedded internet
devices would have had an effect on developers' consideration of the number
of low-bandwidth users. Unfortunately every time I go for a drink it's
taking longer and longer for people's mobiles to download the new thing
they've been working on that they want to show off :(