RE: Declaring <h1> display:inline creates invalid XHTML (Strict )

From: <carl.myhill@ps.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:58:46 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Bill Said:
>I'm at a loss why you have used a subject line that suggests a CSS rule can

>create invalid HTML.  If the HTML is valid, the styling cannot change that
>fact.

Hi Bill

I'm new to all this!  I guess my subjectline is confused because I am. I
cant validate my CSS until my XHTML validates. I guess because I have both
in the same file at the moment it is straining my brain.

Anyhow, it turns out that what I did wrong was to put the <h1> inside a
necessary so I fixed it easily enough.

What is proving harder is the fact that my horizontal <UL> also sits within
a <Span> at the moment and that is causing the XHTML not to validate too.
Need to scratch my head a bit more about that.

Cheers

Carl