Re: a word for 'accessible', that people get.

assistive or inclusive technology  may fit your needs,

speaking of which you may wish to contact: http://www.inclusive.co.uk/
take especial care to look at their online catalogue.
see my other email on Transform 2004 for a forthcoming 'world
conference' on assistive technology and inclusion.

Jonathan