Re: implementing the lang attribute

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:47:01 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> W3C guidelines show all the examples using 2 letter codes.  Will the
> 3-letter codes also work?  e.g., lang="eng-us" or lang="fre"

I have never seen them used in a web context, so I'd be surprised if any
of the limited contexts in which they are used would recognize them.

> Traditional Chinese

Conventionally zh-tw.  Note that there will be significant dialect differences
between this and zh-hk, but this is the one for generic material.  (There
is actually a Hong Kong supplemental character set.)

> Simplified Chinese

Conventionally zh-cn.