Re: The RNIB replies to web design criticism

Isofarro wrote:

>As a point of principle, and to prove that it can be done in CSS, I've spent
>a few hours reimplementing the design using floats to eliminate any
>overlapping problems. I felt it neccessary to correct the impression the
>RNIB are creating about CSS layouts as inferior to presentational-based
>HTML.

Regarding your second iteration:
http://www.isolani.co.uk/access/rnib/rnib2.html

I'd suggest a few changes.

1) Add a default background color to the page. If they haven't noticed
this yet, somebody will. Hypothetically, if a user had their default
browser background color set to black, they couldn't read some of your
text. However, if they override your specified one with !important and
forget to add a foreground color, that's their own fault.

2) Add a min-width specification (maybe 100px?) to the main (middle)
content DIV. This won't work in every browser, but it will help some
browsers overcome the overlap problem that is still happening a little bit.

Good luck. Keep fighting the good fight.
James Craig

--
http://www.cookiecrook.com/