Another test case with Fahrner Image Replacement

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:06:54 -0400
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, uvip-web-test@yahoogroups.com, Developers:;

I'm getting some feedback on the problem of the usefulness of Fahrner
Image Replacement with screen readers. The original test page--

<http://www.fawny.org/spy/?FIR>

-- is of course still up and uses the "classic" FIR stylesheet
mechanism of {display: none}.

On various people's suggestions, I have set up an alternative using
{visibility: hidden}. Can everyone please give that one a whirl?

<http://www.fawny.org/spy/vh/?FIR>

Also, I need IBM Home Page Reader users to write me with feedback.
Remember, in all cases what I'm looking for is an exact report of
what the screen reader reads out-- nothing, if that's what it reads,
or the exact words.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Author, _Building Accessible Websites_