RE: opening new windows

From: Tim Roberts <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:11:21 -0700
To: "'William R Williams'" <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"Forget everything you know about creating pop-up windows. Most
importantly, forget you ever knew that the javascript pseudo-protocol
ever existed. Do you hear me??"

Looks like a good method to me. Pop-ups when supported, same window when
not. The rest is down to the conscience of the developer not to abuse.