Re: table access?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:46:29 +0200
Cc: "Adrian Higginbotham" <a.higginbotham@salford.ac.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>

Yep, the spec just says the headers has to be an IDREF and refer to
cells (presumably user agents aren't expected to deal with references
that aren't to table cells) but nothing about them being in the same
table.

Check the implementations - if they were made according to a whole HTML
view it might work, but don't bet on it. (HTML browsers tend to accept
all sorts of rubbish, and therefore error handling is unpredictable,
unlike in XML).

cheers

Chaals