RE: GIFs

Hello All,

Since Vincent's post we have had many people write us directly to ask
the same question regarding the Cynthia Says Portal and Its capabilities
for supporting this test. With this in mind we have modified the Web
Based "Cynthia Says" solution to have a selection for you to test for
animated gifs. Basically the testing of a .GIF file for more then one
frame. This test was developed as an optional test to the tester.

You must select the Checkbox: [ ] Test for animated Gifs - Could add
time to processing

The Test is optional because the Cynthia Says Tester tests only one page
at a time and you can also see animated gifs when reviewing the manual
accessibility checks on your page. This option prevents Cynthia from
having to download every gif from your site associated with that page if
you prefer to check for animated gifs manually.

This feature is also coming out in our Cynthia Says Desktop Edition and
Across all HiSoftware products. You can update your Cynthia Says Desktop
edition by running the automatic update feature. These updates to the
desktop software should be ready by 5pm today.

The New Source for those who include this freely distributable form on
their site will be available by the time this post gets distributed by
the list serve. We appreciate all feedback on how we can develop
solutions that make the task of validating electronic content, services,
and applications easier for all to use.

Thanks,

Rob Yonaitis
HiSoftware - http://www.hisoftware.com/co/yonaitis.htm

Department of the Navy (NAVAIR) Selects HiSoftware's Accessibility and
Content Quality Management Solutions
http://www.hisoftware.com/press/Navair.html

vincentflanders/