From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Phill Jenkins
Sent: Thursday, 27 March 2003 6:58 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: wai-wcag-editor@w3.org
Subject: Re: Sec. 508 vs. WAI

I would also publically ask that the W3C WAI publish their view of the
differences between the Web part of the 508 technical standard and WCAG
1.0.  Better yet would be a joint document from both the Access Board
and WAI that they both agree on.  I would recommend NOT including any
discussion of the policy stuff, i.e., conformance vs compliance, since
W3C does not really produce policy documents.

What the Access-Board has published that Larry Hull quoted is an
excellent start.  I also have an internal IBM version that I could
contribute.  The Web Content Guidelines Working Group (GL) also needs to
publish a comparison for the next public draft of WCAG 2.0

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---