Re: Windows XP - IE 6 - how to make text bigger?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:42:51 +0200 (EET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jim Byrne wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to find the option in Internet Explorer 6 for
> Windows XP to increase the size of the text beyond the largest (but still
> not very big) option provided on the view menu?

As far as I know, the only way to set font size to something else than the
five alternatives in the View > Text Size menu on IE is to set up a user
style sheet.

This isn't as bad it as it sounds. You could simply write, using your
favorite editor, a file with a one-liner content like
body { font-size: 20pt; }
and then (on an English version of IE): Tools > Internet Options >
General > Accessibility
and check "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages" and
"Format documents using my style sheet" and use then the "Browse" button
to specify the file you wrote.