Re: how to square netscape 4 compatibility with css

From: Chris Croome <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:46:35 +0000
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi

On Thu 20-Mar-2003 at 09:21:39AM +0000, Julia Collins wrote:

> I have to stress that the site works in NS4, it just looks awful.

These days I set things up so that IE4.x and NN4.x don't get _any_
CSS, and only better browser get the CSS.

I generally use this hack to block these browsers:

    @import "http://example.com/example.css";

It's not that I can't do CSS for these browsers it's that I have
been doing it for so long that I'm totally sick of it and would
rather not waste my time supporting them any more -- after all the
companies that produced them no longer support them -- when was the
last time anyone hear of a NN4.x security update?

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>