From: Larry G. Hull [mailto:Larry.G.Hull@nasa.gov]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 9:00 AM
To: charles@sidar.org
Cc: David Poehlman; Phill Jenkins; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: 508 rule L and WCAG 6.3

Based upon the overall Section 508 and Access Board comments, I
believe your literal reading is incorrect. Specifically, I seem to
recall an example where a script performs a login and the NOSCRIPT
can't simple say "This is the login page" but has to provide the
functionality (i.e., allow the user to actually login).

In your example, where an accessible SVG viewer exists, my
understanding is that the page needs to provide the URI to download
the plugin and not simply say "sorry but you can't see this".

That said, I agree with Phil's comment, "508 is more forward thinking
and is focused on making JavaScript directly accessible."

Regards,

Larry