Re: Text Only Sites

John Routa wrote:

> I have a friend that is totally blind that uses JAWS screen reader.  I
> asked what he felt about the "text only" concept.  He replied that his
> screen reader ignores graphics altogether.
>
> If a graphic is in itself a link, it should be identified as such in
> the ALT or LONGDESC attributes. I think that would negate the need for
> "text only" pages.

I believe that you are correct, and that recognised best practise is
generally not to produce text only sites. (These are not the same
statement: There are reasons for recommending against text-only pages
which have nothing to do with images nor with screen readers)

Chaals
--
Charles McCathieNevile    Fundacion Sidar
http://www.sidar.org