Fw: Volunteer testers requested

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:41:44 -0500
To: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Spruill" <SpruilK@MAIL.NLM.NIH.GOV>
To: <VICUG-L@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 11:23 AM
Subject: Volunteer testers requested

Hello,
=20
The National Library of Medicine, NIH is seeking volunteers to assist in =
the continuing Usability testing of a new accessibility tool suite that we =
will soon begin implementing on our websites.

In brief, "Accent" is a cross browser and cross platform compatible system =
that emulates screen readers by allowing the user to select specific =
elements of page content and have them  narrated in "real-time", and it =
also provides emulation of screen magnifiers by allowing the user to =
manipulate font sizes.=20

All of this is done on our servers... the end user will need no additional =
software other than a web browser. =20

We are seeking visually impaired users to assist us in evaluating the =
efficiency and usability of the tool interface. Testers should reside in =
the DC Metropolitan area, as testing will initially be conducted on-site =
at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda Maryland.  Testing is =
tentatively scheduled to be conducted from March 24 through April 11, =
2003.

If you are interested in assisting us in this exciting project, please =
contact me at:  spruilk@mail.nlm.nih.gov

Thank you for your consideration.

Kevin

Kevin Spruill