Re: twisties

From: <Kieran_M_O'Brien@national.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:48:20 +1100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

In this case, we have an arrow image as a clickable link as well as a
standard href which the user can click. I understand that the javascript is
an inherent problem, but we have a standard operating environment where we
know what programs people are using. We are trying to provide an efficient
solution for the business while trying to provide equal access to
speech-browser users. In some instances, the former outweighs the latter.
Against the will of myself and others. Can anyone suggest an alternative to
using twisties ?

                      w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
                      Sent by:                 To:       w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
                      w3c-wai-ig-reques        cc:
                      t@w3.org                 Subject:  Re: twisties

                      06/03/2003 04:46
                      PM

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 Kieran_M_O'Brien@national.com.au wrote:

> What are people's views on twisties ??

The word is rather inaccessible to me. I can't even find any dictionary
definition for it, even in jargon or slang dictionaries, except for
the definition 'a twist-top bottle of beer'. Some googling suggests that
it might be some Adobe parlance for some kind of a clickable icon.
With further googling, I found some pages referring to triangular items
that expand to menus as "twisties".

Well, _that's_ something I know - to be horrendous. They're tiny, far too
small for even a man with relatively normal eyesight and hand-coordination
to hit, and confusing in functionality, and presumably often completely
dependent on Javascript. Isn't this enough?