Re: Audio RSS Reader?

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:36:07 +0000
To: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:26:01 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> "I want a program to download a list of RSS feeds, record an mp3 of it
> reading the new entries from each one, and transfer it to my iPod, each
> morning before I leave for work."

If not it shouldn't be too difficult to take an existing program such
as Hep, point lynx at it with --dump, pipe the output in to Festival,
then pipe its output in to an mp3 encoder. (All via Cron).

Unfortunatly this wouldn't be too good for RSS feeds that only include
article summaries and the audio output from festival rather gets on my
nerves :)

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."