Re: 2 things at once

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:26:39 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>

Frames are not to my knowledge used for this purpose* elsewhere, if
anyone knows different please post a URI.
Should the frames be equal or the current image large with a small
window linking to the other thread?
Where are the usability examples? (For many of our students, having 2
threads running in one window may be too complex.)

So the HTML bug is perhaps not that frames cannot be bookmarked, but
that multi-threading is not too well supported.

thanks

Jonathan

*compare with a recipe book, the page is open on one thread,  with a
bookmark in another, the bookmark is moved.
or two recipe books are both open, very few displays are suitable for
displaying 2 pages side by side.
This means the additional complexity of using dhtml to switch frame
content