Re: SV: Use first letter as ACCESSKEY

At 12:53 PM 2/26/2003, David Woolley wrote:
> > This is a really annoying number of years that keeps getting pulled out of
> > thin air repeatedly.  There is nothing to substantiate it, or to make me
> > believe it accurate.
>
>CSS2 is over 5 years old; there is no browser that supports it fully
>and many with very broken support still in use.

You're comparing the wrong timeframe.

5-10 years keeps getting thrown around as a timeframe to invent and
implement an alternative to accesskey.  You're citing how long since
implementation of CSS2 it's taken for browser support to ramp up.

Yes, the time for UAs to implement something after it reaches
recommendation is important, but that's not what I'm talking about here,
nor what 5-10 years is being cited for in the thread.

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/