mod_accessibility: Beta programme

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:30:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

After some time in development, mod_accessibility is now becoming
relatively stable, and I've recently installed it live at Site Valet,
where it is working with some fairly sophisticated applications.

I'd like to start a Beta testing programme, with anyone who could
benefit from an accessibility-enhanced server or proxy.  I've made
available downloads for Linux, FreeBSD and Windows (the latter may
be optimistic, but works for me in a very limited test case:-)

Anyone interested in this, please feel free to download the
relevant version.  A message to let me know you're using it will
be appreciated, and your experiences (good or bad), bug reports,
and suggestions for improvements even more so.

mod_accessibility is at
<URL:http://www.webthing.com/software/mod_accessibility/>

For anyone who hasn't yet seen the blurb, mod_accessibility is a fully
automatic aid to making websites more accessible. It serves to improve
Websites and Intranets for everyone:

* For users, a range of accessibility options to choose from.
* For developers and webmasters, an accessibility-enhanced version of your
  site for no effort.
* For server administrators, a simple plugin that doesn't hit your
  server, nor involve a learning curve and new support requirements.
* For managers, a major step towards ensuring you meet your obligations
  under disability discrimination law.
* For ISPs and Web hosts, a value-added service for your customers.

--
Nick Kew