RE: default cursor focus

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:53:04 -0000
To: "wai" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I seem to recall hearing/seeing something about the idea of defaulting
> the cursor focus into the first form field on a page as an ease-of-use
> recommendation,

Gah!

You're half-way through filling in the second field when the page finishes
downloading, document.onload kicks in and the focus moves in the middle of
your typing.

Making the first form field the first item in the tab order is often, but
not always, a good idea, but switching focus for no obvious (to the user)
reason isn't.