Re: Audio formats

I'm not sure what you have in mind, but plenty of people enjoy
listening to the radio, via the internet, and this must include the
visually impaired.
presumably some stations write their content for the deaf community.
Would you prefer your news read by a newscaster you know or a machine?

Many of our users have a visual impairment, and may also have a
cognitive one.
Our students undoubtedly prefer recorded audio at the present time, as
do children.
Ours have experience of listening and understanding human speech
impediments.
Children don't, in the main.

It remains true that screen readers may appear to offer convenience, if
you have the funds available, the ability to configure and use one, and
the intelligence to understand what is being read.
In any other case an alternative solution may be preferable.

Jonathan