Re: wingdings as system font

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:07:51 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> define (in your opinion) a "good modern browser" please

One that renders HTML correctly, and, in particular, does font resolution
correctly in this case.  I didn't test various browsers here, although
Lynx will never display m as mu (unless you lie to it about the screen
font encoding - with Windows, you generally cannot lie about the font
encoding, because the font and encoding are inextricably linked.

I know older browsers will, incorrectly, display m as mu if Symbol font
is selected.  It is likely that newer ones will do as well, in quirks
mode, because this particular abuse is common in the wild.