Re: wingdings as system font

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:02:56 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Does anyone know of a means to set the system font to wingdings in MS,
> or anything else that is not easily read? for some reason MS fonts all

For many, if not all, versions of Windows, the System fonts has to be
a bitmapped font, not an outline (TrueType) one.    The font is typically
selected by the .inf file for the display driver, but I doubt there is
much of an aftermarket in bit mapped fonts, and non-Latin ones are
probably not licensed for US/European Windows.

> Linux or Mac would be great as well :-)

In character mode, you should be able to use "setfont" on Linux.