RE: label across /td

From: Aaron Smith <aaron@gwmicro.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:19:38 -0500
To: "Paul Bohman" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, "'Paul Bohman'" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, "'Joe Clark'" <joeclark@joeclark.org>, "'Matt May'" <mcmay@w3.org>
Cc: "'WAI-IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Window-Eyes works the same way, for information's sake.

At 05:56 PM 2/13/2003, Paul Bohman wrote:

>In fact, the form label works beautifully even if the label is separated by
>a ton of other stuff. You could put the label at the top of the page, then
>100 paragraphs of text, 50 images, and 15 other form elements and labels if
>you wanted to , then, finally, the corresponding form element at the bottom
>of the page(not that I would recommend it).
>When you tab through the form elements, the correct label is read with the
>correct form element.
>However, when you listen to the page in linear format, nothing special
>happens. (And if the label were really that distant from its corresponding
>form element, this would, of course, be confusing, because the label would
>be read WAY before the form element.)
>Paul Bohman
>Technology Coordinator
>WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind)
>Center for Persons with Disabilities
>Utah State University

To insure that you receive proper support, please include all
past correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant
information pertinent to your situation when submitting a
problem report to the GW Micro Technical Support Team.

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608