Re: Broken links

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:53:22 +0000
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>

jesper,

an interesting proposal, and you might consider that we've found a
partial workaround

every few months we change the directory name where current files are
archived and place a robot prevent in the old folder.

So this way researchers including me can find out what the state of the
file was/is, but regular users only get to see current links.

of course this is a rose tinted perspective.

jonathan

as an aside it is a great pity that the wayback machine does not
archive script links, so something like the above is essential, if you
need an archive, I do.