Re: navigation banner in css.

I'd like to suggest a couple changes to your example style sheet. First of
all, when you specify the background-color of an element, you should specify
the foreground color. That way you can ensure high enough contrast in a user
style sheet. Also, you may want to slightly change the appearance of the
visited links (just my opinion) so I added the second rule...

Also, the border may not inherit on child elements like images so I added
the last rule. Some UAs (like WinIE) don't give complete control to user
styles. In other words, it is still possible for CSS in an author style
sheet to override CSS in a user stylesheet. Silly, but true.

a:link, a:visited {
  color: #000 !important;
  background-color: #ffc !important;
  border: solid 0.1em #f00 !important;