Re: resizing windows and back button

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:03:35 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Bill Mason <w3c@accessibleinter.net>

Bill,

I think you've understood that the recommendations are fine in theory,
but in practice sometimes don't make a lot of sense.

I'd really appreciate it if we could somehow raise a discussion group
around the issue of practice and theory.

What is the intention? why doesn't the window automatically resize on
using the back button? or why do we allow the author to resize the
window?

the only other strategem I've imagined is to set up a fake 'frame' to
hold the new window in, but realise that in may way this is explicitly
unsuitable, as one is then using the authors work in a way they had not
intended :-(

thanks

Jonathan