Re: ALT as required attribute

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:33:16 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Bill Mason <w3c@accessibleinter.net>

Bill and Jim,

this exchange seems to have lowered the tone somewhat.

It is clear to me at least from the exchange of views that the use and
intention of alt are disparate, and we can I think agree that this is
healthy and a sign that something needs to be observed and recorded.

It remains to be discovered in what way we can encourage development of
a standard.

Please let us keep to the topic and avoid personal remarks.

Jonathan