Re: CALS table question

Thanks to Jason for pointing me at a tutorial [1] on the CALS table
model as used in CNXML. It contains pointers to the specification of
the model.

It seems from a brief reading that neither of these techniques is
applicable to what is defined for CALS tables. The "scope" attribute
seems to have similarities with colspec/spanspec in CALS. You could
specify an XSLT transformation that would convert a page to XHTML and
would pick up on the existing information in the CALS model to produce
a result that was known to meet the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines requirements for tables as a possible approach.

It may be that there is already information in "the semantic web" about
CALS tables and how to convert them to some known accessible form. If
not, we may be able to develop a method to create and use such
information.

Cheers

Chaals

[1] http://cnx.rice.edu/content/m9007/latest/