call for greater - negotiation - between author and user: oncontextmenu

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:54:40 +0000
Cc: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Thanks, once again to Jim, and curses if you feel otherwise :-)

we yesterday instituted a cross-site - disable right mouse click -
policy.
whilst this may be possible with many browsers, and OS it is not easy
enough to find and users(or helpers) may have problems locating it....
and oncontextmenu does the job.

The issue is not this example, rather how one enables users to create
style sheets, or scripts generally that are tailored to their needs.
Most likely by studying there ineptitudes. eg massive right clicking
just can't be good for you....

One might think this needed intelligence, but it doesn't need much :-)

Jonathan

many of our users cannot feel what they are clicking, and just hammer
away regardless,

btw Jim strangely unless I've just got the coding wrong, focus now
seems to be attached to the right clicker :-? and in apple it doesn't
work :-(  there again perhaps I shouldn't attach a two clicker mouse.