Re: Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace

Having a different line for each item should be a clear separation. If
they are list items or something similar then screen readers that can't
distinguish them are lacking a little feature in their rendering.

when they are not vertically separated, some other clear separator is
helpful for sighted people as well as screen reader users.

just my 2 cents worth - a slightly longer explanation is in the last
4-mail thread discussing this topic (two weeks ago) at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2003JanMar/0182

cheers

Chaals

--